FileBrowser for Business
By Stratospherix Ltd
FileBrowser for Business is an extended version of FileBrowser with enhanced security and control features for businesses large and small.
With FileBrowser for Business, users can benefit from direct and secure file access to servers, workstations and other storage devices on corporate networks. No additional configuration of corporate IT systems is necessary.
Office Apps Integration
- Use the document picker in MS Office apps to open files from network file servers, edit them and automatically save back.
- Access corporate file servers and cloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Present a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Automatically synchronize network folders to your iPad/iPhone
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files while on the go
- Stay connected to your files, wherever you are
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Supports Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Requires no additional software on corporate servers
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Confirm to corporate Mobile Security Policies
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
FileBrowser uses the SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3 network access protocols (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing). This enables access to Macs, PCs, NAS drives, & Windows File Servers, including Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server Clusters.
It can also connect to the following cloud storage
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Google Drive (including TeamDrive)
- WebDAV servers
- FTP servers
- SFTP servers
For fast friendly support please email email@example.com. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
What's New in Version 14.8
Introducing New Themes
Choose a new bold colour scheme from our selection.
New Document Scanner
Automatically detect and scan a document on your desk. Includes perspective correction and colour adjustment choices.
A new option in Preferences/Audio allows you to choose to have -/+15s buttons on iOS lock screen.
Fixed a problem connecting to some OneDrive for Business accounts.
Does what Apple can’t (or won’t)
Apple is great ..mostly. They make great hardware (except possibly the 2018 iPad pros and how fragile they are) but they are their own worst enemy sometimes. iOS is not a computer operating system and the iPad is not a computer replacement no matter how fast the a12x ship is...why? too many software limitations!
If you’re not an apple sheep you know what I’m talking about. Well this app helps with some of that. It gets around some of those stupid restrictions about as well as you can.. like connecting to smb folder shares. It does an amazing job with that and quite a few other things.
Tbh is not for this app, I would have returned my iPad long ago.
Get it if you know what about which specific apple limitations I’m talking about and want to find a workaround. It’s the best at what it does — with less adamantium.
The major reason I purchased the app was Shortcut actions. It wasn’t clear to me that file operations only work on remote devices. I wouldn’t have purchased the app without shortcut actions for local files.
There are a lot of good features in this app and I hope that that these issues will be addressed so I can improve this review.
Fix Apple Files integration already!
Authenticating in Files repeatedly is a deal breaker.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 11, 2018
- Version: 14.8
- Size: 90.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2014 Stratospherix LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable