FileBrowser for Business
By Stratospherix Ltd
FileBrowser for Business is an extended version of FileBrowser with enhanced security and control features for enterprises using MDM solutions.
INCREDIBLE NEW FEATURE: Use the document picker in Office/iWork apps to open files from networked computers, edit them and automatically save back.
With ‘FileBrowser for Business’, IT administrators can enable direct and secure file sharing access to servers, workstations and other storage devices on corporate networks using Active Directory logon details. No additional configuration of corporate IT systems is necessary.
iOS MDM integration
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
- Access corporate file servers and cloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Present a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files while on the go
- Stay connected to your files, wherever you are
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Tight integration with Sonicwall’s MobileConnect app for on-demand VPN connection
- Requires no additional software on enterprise servers
FileBrowser uses the SMB network access protocol (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing). It can also connect to the following cloud storage
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Google Drive
- WebDAV servers
- FTP servers
- SFTP servers
Try our free FileBrowserLite app to test connectivity. Read our www.stratospherix.com support page for help getting connected. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for fast friendly help. Please Note - we are only able to provide support in English.
What's New in Version 9.2
* Added History tab to Bookmarks popup.
* Added Sync Files location to the document picker.
* Added History to the document picker.
* Added external keyboard shortcuts for file operations.
* Added “Allow Paste Again” option for file copies.
* Improved PDF annotation options.
* Fixed credentials being stored when they shouldn't.
* Fixed slideshow crash if run for more than 1 hour.
* Image slideshows can now be protected with the Admin Password.
I love this app. I use it more than other file browser apps mostly because of the ability to email an actual file. I do want the ability to save files offline, which is why I still use the Dropbox app frequently.
This review is based on my last two days use of the app. I think it must have updated recently because I've not had this experience before. But this app just ate my battery up. It used half my battery in an hour. While in the background. I have a screenshot but can't upload. I've went in and disabled background refresh for now. Please even explain to me what an app like this is refreshing in the background?!?
Okay. I'm adding to this hoping someone sees it. I need this app but it's very frustrating to have my phone start acting like a hand warmer and drop 25% of battery in ten minutes. Please fix this!
This is a shame
That I have to give this app one star because I really like it. Rating nags in paid apps are unacceptable, though. Once I pay, it's no longer about what I can do for you. Now, it's time for me to serve my needs on the device I paid for. Want something for me? Buy an ad like everyone else. Unless the developer gives me their phone number to text whenever I have a want. But let's face it, they're not that crazy. Purchasing their app shouldn't obligate me to field their want requests either. I paid. I owe nobody. Please stop taking liberties and punishing me for being a customer, and no, it doesn't just take a second, I get 100 of these a day. It's past the point of absurdity.
You should receive an application excellence award!
This should be standard install for all iPads.
This is great because it allows me to use my desktop for heavy lifting with quick access from my iPad. Love that it allows you to connect to various cloud storage locations as well.
I love using it for my massive collection of movies stored on my local home network drive. Allows me to. Easily keep several gigabytes worth of movies on my iPad and open them in different video players without using some stupid cloud service.
Especially helpful with PDFs. On my iPad I can easily get the PDF into iBooks or Adobe Acrobat but I can't move it from one to the other. And if you're keeping many huge PDFs locally then you're doubling or triplicating or even quadrupling your storage burden by keeping them in different PDF reader/editors. This is where file browser is so awesome. I get to keep the file local but work with it in any PDF reader/editor I choose. So no more constant downloading of huge PDFs and other files.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 20, 2017
- Version: 9.2
- Size: 51.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stratospherix
- © 2014 Stratospherix LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable