By SurfScore, Inc
Kodable – Coding for Kids
Award-winning coding curriculum for kids! Kodable is designed to teach computer science to elementary students grades K-5 (Ages 4-11).
LOST IN SPACE
The furry aliens, known as Fuzzes were exploring space when their ship unexpectedly crashed on the maze-covered planet Smeeborg. The naturally curious fuzzes need kids to program them to explore all the colorful Technomazes on the planet’s surface.
Kids learn the fundamentals of every modern programming language in a fun and inviting way. Concepts learned through the Kodable include:
- Sequence/ Order of operations
- Algorithmic operations
- Conditional logic statements
- Variables including Strings, Integers, and Arrays
- Object Oriented Programming
- Classes and Subclasses
KODABLE CURRICULUM (Common Core Aligned)
- Over 40 scripted, grab & go lesson plans
- Complete pacing for each grade
- Over 200 on-screen activities for students
- Roster Upload + Google Classroom Integration
- Homeschool and Parent curriculum available!
WHY CODE WITH KODABLE?
Even before your children can pronounce the word "algorithm" they have an astounding ability to learn how to use them. Today's best programmers fell in love with coding at a young age by experimenting with the concepts taught in Kodable. Understanding computer science empowers your child for the jobs of tomorrow, and expands your child's mind to solve problems today in more intelligent ways. Students also learn incredibly important ‘soft skills’ such as
- Problem solving skills
- Higher level thinking skills
- Collaboration skills
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
What's New in Version 10.2.1
Bug fixes and optimizations.
Crashes ALL the time
1) after several months and several updates to the app, it continues to crash All The Time. The kids just yell out “Kodables crashed again” and restart, usually having lost some of their work. There is usually 5 minutes or so between crashes.
2) The app is very limited as to content. Both kids quickly finished all the puzzle levels, and there is nothing left to do but play the games (of dubious learning value). Please add more real content!
I got this for my six-year-old. He got to the Asteroid level where he was changing parameters in games. The app crashes every time while he is working on a new game. It has also crashed playing bug world. Nice concept, but kids are not very tolerant of seeing their work disappear in a crash.
My 5 year old loved it but recently it is locked out from subscription box that blocks free gameplay
I’m 9 and I have to pay for it and I don’t know the password for spencer school
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 15, 2019
- Version: 10.2.1
- Size: 306 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SurfScore, Inc
- © SurfScore, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Device-Assignable