Wizard - Statistics & Analysis
By Evan Miller
Wizard is a new Mac app that makes data analysis easier than ever. No programming, no typing — just click and explore. Wizard makes statistics accessible to beginners, but beneath the surface lies a full set of tools for doing professional research.
Featured by Apple! "New and Noteworthy" and "@Work: Apps for Business"
"You can be looking at statistical analyses less than a minute after importing your data." —MacFormat Magazine (UK)
It's true: within minutes of importing your first data set into Wizard, you'll be generating graphics, uncovering correlations, producing p-values, building models, and sharing insights with colleagues. Most customers find that the program pays for itself in just a few days of use. Explore Wizard's delightful feature set, including...
Wizard will start graphing your data as soon as you click on it. It uses native Mac graphics to give you crisp visual summaries — box-plots, scatterplots, histograms, survival curves, and more — in a fraction of a second.
EASY STATISTICAL MODELING
Build sophisticated statistical models in seconds with Wizard's intuitive modeling interface. Regression estimates are instantly recomputed as you play around with the controls and experiment with new specifications.
Wizard supports drag-and-drop, multi-level Undo, and other interface conveniences that Mac users expect from their software. An interactive tutorial will help you get started.
Dozens of functions are available to help you get data into the form you want. Compute quantiles, perform day-of-week calculations, multiply columns together, and more.
Export colorful graphics as web-friendly PNG or print-quality PDF. If you're surrounded by PC users, export your models as interactive spreadsheets that can be used to run "What if?" scenarios in any version of Microsoft Excel.
LIST OF STATISTICAL TESTS
Wizard supports the most common statistical tests and models, including...
+ Shapiro-Wilk test of normality
+ 1-sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov (normality and uniformity)
+ Pearson's goodness-of-fit (equal proportions)
+ Pearson's goodness-of-fit (chi-square)
+ t-test (paired and unpaired)
+ ANOVA (1-way, 2-way, and repeated measures)
+ Correlation and R²
+ Median tests: Mann-Whitney and Kruskal-Wallis
+ NEW: Wilcoxon signed-rank and Friedman tests
+ Survival analysis: Log-rank test
+ 2-sample and N-sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov
+ Linear regression (OLS)
+ Weighted linear regression (WLS)
+ Poisson and geometric regression
+ Logistic regression (Logit) and Probit
+ Multinomial Logit and Ordered Probit
+ Negative Binomial (NegBin-2)
+ Cox Proportional Hazards
+ Fixed effects
+ Robust standard errors
+ Clustered standard errors
+ Joint significance tests (Wald tests)
+ Odds ratios
+ Residual analysis
+ Sensitivity/specificity analysis (ROC curves)
+ Censoring of survival data (Cox models)
+ Interactive prediction assistant
+ Copy models as R code
Is there a missing feature you'd like to see? Just click "Email the Developer" from the Help menu and send me your thoughts.
LIST OF FILE FORMATS AND DATABASES
Although you have the option to enter data manually, more likely you'll want to import data from one of the following sources:
• Excel (.xls/.xlsx)
• Numbers ('09 and later)
• R workspace and single-object files (.RData and .rds)
• DBF and Microsoft Access
• Plain text (Comma-, tab-, and custom-delimited values)
To import and export other formats, including SPSS, Stata, and SAS, you can either buy In-App Purchases inside Wizard (Wizard > Unlock Pro Features...), or purchase Wizard Pro, also available in the Mac App Store. The set of included importers is the only difference between the Pro and Standard versions.
What's New in Version 1.9.44
New in 1.9.44:
• SAS binary importer: Improved support for reading compressed files [Feature requires In-App Purchase]
• SAS transport exporter: Improved compatibility with SAS [Feature requires In-App Purchase]
• Fix a bug in the Model view where the residuals graph included missing values after exporting to Excel or CSV
New in 1.9.43:
• Improved support for importing XLS files
• Improved support for importing Access files
• Fix a bug when attempting to raise a numeric column to a custom power
New in 1.9.42:
• Fix an occasional crash when estimating a Fixed Effects model
• Add support for reading ISO dates with time zone information
• SPSS reader: Improved support for UTF-8 column names [Feature requires In-App Purchase]
• Exporting a Correlation test now includes the raw correlation value rather than its absolute value
New in 1.9.41:
• Fix a crash in the Summary view when viewing an empty scatterplot
• Fix a crash in the Summary view when viewing multiple survival curves
• Fix a crash after closing a document that had imported data via URL
New in 1.9.40:
• New "Open documents at maximum size" preference
• Improved support for reading SAS files created by Stat/Transfer [Feature requires In-App Purchase]
• Improved support for reading SPSS portable files with very wide variable formats [Feature requires In-App Purchase]
• Improved support for reading text files described by SPSS commands [Feature requires In-App Purchase]
New in 1.9.39:
• Column Format panel: Fix a bug where the word and character limit text fields were not editable
• Covariate scatterplots: Fix a bug where exported PDF images were not vectorized
• "Time of Day" columns: Fix a bug where the Second of Minute column was not used
• Model view: Fix a bug where omitted variables could be included in joint significance tests
New in 1.9.38:
• Pivot exporter: Fix a crash when exporting large Pivot tables
• Summary view: Fix a bug when performing a multi-column Kruskal-Wallis test
• Improved performance with Column > Raise To Power...
New in Wizard 1.9:
From Santa's workshop comes Wizard 1.9, an overflowing stocking of new features and functionality. If you thought that Wizard could already do everything when it comes to data transformation and analysis, YOU WERE WRONG. In the biggest release since last year's sleeper hit Wizard 1.8, Wizard 1.9 brings you...
* COLLAPSIBLE FILTERS -- Make the most of screen real estate with the new Pin button -- when activated, it keeps filters applied even when you close the Filters pane.
* DATES, DATES, DATES -- Import dates in your favorite format, format your dates with four exciting date templates, analyze dates with down-to-the-second precision, partition date/time data with greater flexibility, and create Timestamp columns using the number of seconds from a particular start date.
* FILE SIZE FORMATTING -- Does your data set include a file size measured in bytes? Now you can format it with easy-to-read units (KB, MB, GB, etc). There's even an option to switch between the decimal convention (1,000 bytes per kilobyte) and the binary convention (1,024 bytes per kilobyte).
* NEW PIVOT FUNCTIONS -- Standard Error of the Mean and 95% Confidence Interval, now available for your pivoting pleasure.
* ITUNES IMPORTER -- Automatically pull in your music collection and see all the new features in action with the new iTunes importer. Visualize your listening habits by time of day, tally up your music collection by artist and genre, and graph file sizes and track lengths just for kicks. To get started, use the new menu item File > Import iTunes Music Library...
These are just the big-ticket items -- in addition, Wizard 1.9 boasts countless interface tweaks and bug fixes to make your statistical experience as smooth, seamless, and streamlined as possible. Enjoy it on OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later.
Best Help Docs Ever
'Examples of “failure” data might include mortality, relapse, and component failure, or life events such as age at first marriage.' -- Wizard Help Docs
The app is outstanding too. If you need to find the Why in data, and explore hunches, but don't feel like debugging R, Python, or (shudder)VBScript or Excel.
The Pro Version calculates p values for a very sturdy correlation that almost could imply causation and answer that Why question.
Super easy to use and excellent at what it does
Wizard has become critical in my data preparation and analysis phase of work.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 04, 2020
- Version: 1.9.44
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Evan Miller
- © Evan Miller
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processorDevice-Assignable